Pages

Thursday 1 August 2013

The Beautiful Art of Body Painting

The other day I was browsing the internet looking at beautiful images of skilled body painting, so I thought I would share some of my favourite finds with you.

Before we go any further I should probably add this disclaimer:
This blog post contains images of full frontal artistic nudity.

Now that is out of the way, onto the interesting bit.

I love body painting, I just wish I was better at it. I have only really attempted a few body paints and was never really taught any techniques as such, we were just thrown in the deep end at college and told to paint. Since college I haven't really had much practice, partly due to not being well for the last 7 months, but also it can be quite hard to find a willing model that doesn't have too high an expectation of the final outcome, particularly when starting out and experimenting, especially when they have to stand/lay naked or just in underwear for a long period of time. Practising on yourself is all well and good for smaller detailed projects but really you need to have a full canvas.

There's a lot more to body painting than just slapping a bit of paint on someone. You have to take into consideration the shape and contours of the human form and incorporate these into your design. This is why it is best to have a body other than your own to practice on.

I really hope to be able to learn how to body paint properly and improve my skills and techniques. I find the works of other artists so inspiring and it is one area I enjoyed so much during my two years at college.

Below are some of my favourite images from when I was browsing a couple of days ago. None of these images belong to me and I will credit the artist or company where I can, but some of these were just random finds.

Enjoy. xx

Unknown artist

 Artist: Carolyn Roper

Artist: Carolyn Roper.
I was lucky enough to see this in progress at IMATS London in 2012.

 Artist: Carolyn Roper

Artist: John Vargas

 Unknown artist

 Artist: Lisa Berczel

Artist: Lisa Berczel

Artist: John Neyrot

Artist: John Neyrot

Artist: John Neyrot

Unknown artist

Unknown artist

Unknown artist

Unknown artist

Artist: Guido Daniele

Artist: Guido Daniele

 Artist: Guido Daniele

2 comments:

  1. These are amazing. Have u tried airbrushing? I would like to do airbrush tattoos. Or just body paint stencil ones. Wish I had a body like these if so I would be happy for you to paint it. Hope u are feeling a little better x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done a little airbrushing, I have an airbrush but I don't have a compressor as they are really expensive but hopefully one day I will invest in one. Usually the tattoos are done with alcohol based paints which last longer but are slightly more prone to reactions than waterbased paints. And don't we all wish we had a body like these lol! x

      Delete