Pages

Tuesday 6 August 2013

Seven Sins of Beauty - TAG

Welcome to day six of my attempt to blog everyday in August. If you want to be picky about things it is actually day seven right now, we've passed midnight so it's now the 7th August. But I haven't been to bed yet so to me we are still on day six, albeit very late.

I'm not sure what to blog about right now, I said I'd be back to beauty posts today but I get the feeling most people will miss this post with it going up so late on a Tuesday night and will probably just pick up from tomorrow's post.

I do have plans for tomorrow. I have physio in the morning but in the afternoon I am going to be filming my July Favourites video and also I received some E.L.F goodies in the post so I may film a video haul, or blog it, or both.

But for tonight I think I might do a TAG. It's quick, easy and fun.

Seven Deadly Sins of Beauty - TAG

Greed - What is your most inexpensive and most expensive beauty product?

The most inexpensive beauty items I own are probably some of my MUA products, I have a few eyeshadows and lipsticks by them and they only cost £1 each. I also have two eyeshadow brushes I picked up in Matalan for about 50p or £1 each in the sale after Christmas and they are surprisingly good for what I paid for them. The most expensive is probably a perfume, perhaps my bottle of Valentino's Rock n Rose Couture which is almost empty and has been discontinued now, how annoying. Following that it might be my Laura Mercier loose setting powder which was £29 and well worth the money I might add.  

Wrath - What beauty product do you have a love/hate relationship with? What has been hardest to find?

Love/hate would probably be liquid eyeliner in general. I love the product and the effect it can give but I never seem to like it on myself these days. I think it's because in the past I would just put it on and didn't know about eye shapes and corrective techniques etc. Now I can never seem to get it right. I have hooded eyes so I am fully aware that unless I take my eyeshadow a lot higher I can end up looking like all I am wearing is black eyeliner all over the lid. I am also aware of where flicks should be added and that I can only add flicks in a way that makes my eyes look too long as my hooded lid will distort the line otherwise. I'm also aware that one eye is more hooded than the other so it is almost impossible to get even eyes with liquid liner when trying to create flicks. So I have to settle for not doing the flicks. Which is the one thing I love most about liquid liner. Rant over and onto the next part of the question. 

I have two hard to find items. One is the recently discontinued L'Oreal Telescopic Waterproof Mascara. I found it hard to get hold of the first time I bought it and now I know why, I have found it on eBay so will be stocking up as it's the only mascara that has ever worked well enough for me. Secondly is something I managed to find today, the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in the shade fair. I can find it in every colour but this, I've had the shade light for ages now but it has always been way too dark for my natural skin tone. I've been searching for about six months and today I finally found the fair shade, so once I am back to not tanning again in winter I will be able to give it a go.

Gluttony - What are your most delicious beauty products?

I don't think I have any really nice flavoured lip products (I almost bought some Soap & Glory lip crayons today and the scent was incredible and I will have to get one someday soon). I think with this one I'm going to run with Soap & Glory's The Breakfast Scrub. It's sooooo good.

Sloth - What beauty products do you neglect due to laziness?

Usually if I'm going to skip anything it's eyeshadow. I usually just pop a bit of primer on to stop my oily lids or use a cream eyeshadow instead. I can't always be bothered to do full on eyes. I also don't bother with highlighter but that's because I haven't found one I really like (again I was eyeing up the S&G one today but I left it). I've also lapsed on my night time moisturising routine since my surgeries, I got out of the habit and never got back into it. I have really gone off my night cream lately and just haven't found anything to replace it with as yet, and also I'm still on the hunt for an eye cream to use at night.
Pride - What beauty product gives you more confidence?

Deodorant? Lol. No one ever answers with that but it's so true. There's nothing worse than being around people and worrying that you don't smell too good. Aside from that I would say mascara or a bright lip. Mascara simply because I have blonde lashes and so a coat of mascara does wonders for making me look less tired as it opens up my eyes and I think a bright lip is just good for a bit of fun. Under eye concealer is always a winner on a tired day.

Lust - What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex?

Not sure why this is one of the questions as it has no relevance to anything. Regardless, what I want from someone of the opposite sex is someone who is supportive, understanding (particularly of my medical issues), fun to be with and most importantly, someone who I can trust.

Envy - What item would you most like to receive as a gift?

There are loads of products out there that I would love to try and gifts are always lovely, but certainly not necessary, and in truth I much prefer to go out buying for other people when I have the money.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment