Pages

Saturday 3 August 2013

Tanning - St Moriz & Garnier Ambre Solaire

Aghh so day three and I already failed to post anything on day two. To be fair it was rather a busy day of trying to get car insurance organised and phoning garages and also trying to get through to the doctors for a sick note. Blogging was the last thing on my mind.

Excuses out of the way and I'm going to tell you about the Garnier Ambre Solaire No Streaks Bronze Self-Tanning Mousse and Gel.


Recently I have moved on from the Palmers Natural Bronze onto full fake tan and I was trying out the St Moriz after hearing rave reviews. For £2.99 I liked it, but in all fairness I think I was liking it mainly for the price and not for the results. I found it easy to work with, needed no real attempt to blend, the colour was good and it dried quickly. The next day it washed off to leave a nice even tan. It did however cling to my knees, feet and hands no matter how much I prepped my skin and left me feeling dry beyond belief. I had to buff my dry patches with baby oil every day and by the second day the tan was going patchy. By day three or four certain areas of my body just looked dirty and others were back to pure white. Not a good look.

 

On Thursday evening I bought the Garnier products. These were around the £7-10 mark each so a little more pricey but if they work better it's still a reasonable amount to pay. The reason I bought both was so I could use the mousse over most of my body and the gel, which is probably more hydrating, can be used on my drier areas, so hands, feet etc.

The colour is more golden than the St Moriz and these products contain shimmer. Instantly I liked the way these applied and they definitely felt more hydrating, including the mousse. The guide colour was actually very wearable, I could easily apply this and go about doing day to day stuff while it develops, unlike the St. Moriz (unless you were going mucking out a cow shed in which case you would look right at home). The shimmer wasn't overbearing and this washed off the next morning anyway. After showering off the guide colour I was left with a really natural looking finish and no awful looking dry patches. Even today (Saturday) I have no patches, look like I've naturally caught a bit of sun and feel perfectly hydrated. So far so good but I will let you know how long it lasts and how it wears off.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment