Pages

Monday 5 August 2013

Current TV Loves

So for the last month I have been addicted, and I mean addicted, to the TV show Sons of Anarchy. I watched all five seasons in about two weeks and now I am awaiting the release of season six which I believe will be out around September. 

If you haven't watched it already it's something you must check out. Without giving too much away, it's about a group of outlaw bikers from a small town called Charming, and their illegal dealings, turf wars and battling with morality and family values. My description probably doesn't sell it for you but I can't say much more without giving too much away.

I'm now really hoping to go and see Pacific Rim at the cinema, which stars both Charlie Hunnam and Ron Perlman from Sons of Anarchy. Unfortunately I think I may have left it a little too late. The film has been out a few weeks now and is starting to phase out at all of my local cinemas, which means travelling further afield or waiting for DVD. Now I've finished my SOA marathon I don't think I can wait for both the TV series and the film.

I do however have many other TV series to keep me occupied.

I'm currently re-watching Prison Break with my boyfriend. He hasn't seen it but I have, and it's actually really interesting second time round as you get to piece together stuff a little more and see how and why things worked out the way that they did. I'm on season three now, probably the weakest of the series but I can't wait for the other half to see all the twists and turns of the final season. If you only ever watch one TV show make it this one, I guarantee you'll be on the edge of your seat at the end of every episode.

I'm also watching Dexter, I think everyone loves Dexter. And if you don't, get on it! Be warned, the first episode is really annoying and you will want to Dexter to strangle Deb almost every episode. But it gets so addictive. The general synopsis is of a guy called Dexter who is a blood spatter analysis in the forensics team of Miami Metro Police by day, and serial killer by night, his targets being those who have escaped justice for various crimes.

I just started watching 24. I'm not really sure it's got me as hooked as some of the other shows but I'm going to keep going with it anyway as it seems pretty interesting. Basic plot line being that a government agent has been assigned to investigate and stop an assassination threat on one of the US presidential candidates, whilst also trying to track down his runaway teenage daughter who may have got in way over her head. The series is filmed in real time, which I find a really interesting concept.

Pretty Little Liars is another one I have been watching for some time, this is definitely more for the girls. Four friends are up against an anonymous enemy known only as A, who threatens to expose their darkest secrets in the wake of the mysterious murder of their friend. As the show progresses the threats and happenings get a lot darker, and the plot thickens as more people become involved.

Breaking Bad returns in just six days! A brilliantly scripted and at many times a funny show about a science teacher who is diagnosed with terminal cancer, his reunion with an old student and their plan to raise money by cooking and selling crystal meth. Science, bitch!

There are some fantastic TV shows out there, much better than the crap they air on a day to day basis, you just have to look for it. I've also watched the first episodes of The Walking Dead and Game Of Thrones so will hopefully be able to continue with those also. 

I hope you liked this mini guide to some of the TV shows I've been loving. Normal beauty product reviews will be back tomorrow, and I am also going to be doing some filming over the next few days so I should have a video up by the end of the week (more than likely it will be my July Favourites). Right now I am off to watch the latest Dexter episode.

TTFN
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment