Pages

Saturday 10 August 2013

ELF Matte Nail Polish Top Coat: First Impressions

I have taken a day or two off posting to film videos and also because I haven't been feeling too well. But here is today's offerings.

I ordered a few products from ELF last week (full video and blog post will be up next week) but I thought I would give you my first impressions on the ELF matte nail polish top coat, because in all honesty it was a disappointment.

Firstly I will say I could be using this wrongly. I tested it out over a Maybelline Colour Show nail polish, maybe it is only compatible with a matte polish or even only ELF's own nail polishes. However, I would have expected this to be suitable for use over any nail polish to create a matte rather than glossy finish.

The results were not good, in fact they were so bad I had to immediately remove the nail polish. I applied the polish then used the top coat and it instantly cracked the Maybelline nail polish as shown in the photograph. Such a disappointment. 


I will, of course, try this over different polishes, including ELF's own and let you know whether I have a more successful result.

On a side note, I have discovered the most amazing glossy top coat EVER and I will blog about this very soon. I say discovered, it's well known in the beauty community as an amazing top coat but it's taken me a long time to try it as I never understood the hype around it. Afterall, a top coat is a top coat right, and I have a few including Sally Hansen and China Glaze, both respected polish brands. No, not at all. But that is another blog post...

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment