Pages

Monday 3 June 2013

Colours Of The Rainbow - Tag

This tag has been flying around beauty blogs and YouTube for the last few weeks so I thought I would join in.

The idea is to work through all of the colours of the rainbow and choose a product of the same colour (the product itself or the packaging colour is fine) that you really like or use regularly.

I actually had a lot of fun with this tag, on some of the colours I struggled to find products, on others I had so many to choose from and narrowing it down to just one product was a task in itself. So here is what I came up with in the end...

Red


Red was a tricky one, I have so many gorgeous red lipsticks, lip butters, balms, stains, glosses and nail polishes to choose from. Products that deserve an honourable mention are the NYX Lip Gloss in Plush Red, Revlon Nail Enamel in Cherries in the Snow, Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Big Bang and the delicious Red Velvet Yankee Candle, any of which could have made the cut. But none of these products work their way into my routine as much as the Schwarzkopf got2b 2 Sexy Collagen Hair Mousse. This product goes into my hair after every wash and helps to give my extremely fine hair volume and texture without weighing it down or leaving it feeling crispy. It has a lovely thick texture that doesn't go watery in your hands, a little goes a long way so a bottle will last you a while, it has a pleasant smell and only costs around £4. I have used this for a good few years now and I'm sure I will continue to re-purchase this in the future.
  
Orange


I absolutely love the product that I have chosen to represent Orange. I'm on my second pot which is rare that I even manage to use up one of a product of this type without deciding I no longer like it. I'm talking about the Origins GinZing Eye Cream. Origins isn't the cheapest of brands but this little pot of goodness really is worth the £21 price tag. I've had this pot since Christmas and use it almost every day and still have at least half left. You only need a small amount to hydrate and brighten under the eyes, and it does this without being greasy, heavy or sticky. It isn't an overly thick texture, nor is it watery. This eye cream feels light on delicate skin around the eyes and sinks in beautifully. I have tried a few different eye creams but so far nothing has compared. I am currently searching for an eye cream more suited to night time but so far none of the cheaper budget products have impressed, so I may need to look into what else Origins has to offer.

Yellow


The Whipped Clean Shower Butter from Soap & Glory was my choice for Yellow. To be honest I didn't have much else to choose from but even if I did it would be a clear winner. This stuff smells A-mazing! It's sweet and vanillary and buttery and nutty all at the same time and leaves my skin well moisturised after showering. If you find yourself in Boots at any time make sure you go and get a sniff of this. You may just fall in love...

Green


These Nip + Fab Body Butters are great. I'm not usually a body butter person as when I think of body butters I think of The Body Shop ones and I never liked those. I would buy them because the gorgeous scents would draw me in, but I'd never use them and a few months ago I through out about five that were almost full but had gone off. I always found them too thick and greasy and felt like I needed to re-shower after applying. These Nip + Fab ones are nothing like this. They don't sit on the skin, are non-greasy, sink in well and work wonders on my dry knees and elbows. At first I found the Pistachio scent a little overbearing and sickly but it has grown on me and it is my go-to if my skin is feeling in need of some TLC.



Blue


This was an easy one, although I am currently wearing a Maybelline Colour Show Nail Polish in Cool Blue which I absolutely love. But the Colours Of The Rainbow Tag Blue Award goes to... *cue flashing lights and dramatic music*... The L'Oreal Telescopic Waterproof Mascara. This was in my April Favourites and I haven't even considered using any other mascara since I bought this, it works miracles! I have never had such long looking, defined and curled lashes. It isn't very volumising but is great for day to day wear and something I intend to try is using it as a base to lengthen and separate and hold the curl, then applying a more volumising mascara over the top.

 Indigo


Let's be honest, there aren't that many indigo beauty products out there unless you love indigo eyeshadow. After much pondering however I did think of something for this, and it's actually something I use on a regular basis. It's the Nivea Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make-up Remover. I use this to remove my L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara as a normal eye make-up remover is useless on this. It removes my mascara quickly and easily without stinging my eyes. Great product.


Violet


Okay so the product I chose for Violet isn't so much violet as plum, but I loved this throughout the winter months. It's MAC's Rebel Lipstick. This provides good stain to the lips, lasts well, feels comfortable and not drying and is a satin finish.


Pink


Another MAC Lipstick made it into this tag, this time it's Girl About Town which is one of their amplified lipsticks. I have a lot of items that could have made it here, the Revlon Lip Butters in Sorbet and Lollipop are beautiful, as is the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick. I also have some lovely pink blushers that I could have included as well. But Girl About Town just beat them two it by a tiny margin. I think it is the name that won out in the end, I love products with really cute or fun names.


Multicoloured

The final category in this tag is multicoloured. I couldn't find much for this but the product I did find I like nonetheless. This is the Ed Hardy Perfume in the fragrance Hearts & Daggers which is described as a blend of "Glittering fruits, florals, radiant woods and sensual musks".



I hope you enjoyed this post, it certainly gave me the opportunity to have a good rummage through my products and made me rediscover a lot of other products along the way. If you blog or make videos then give this tag a go and link me in the comments section.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment