Pages

Saturday 22 June 2013

June Glossybox & Blogging Everyday!


As I mentioned in a previous post, I didn't get round to blogging about the May Glossybox because it arrived just before my second surgery and then time just seemed to pass by and before I knew it the June Glossybox had arrived.

I have decided to just give an overview of what is in each box as I get them and then review the products in separate posts as sometimes by the time I come to use the products or use them long enough to see how well they work it becomes irrelevant me even telling you about what you could receive if you subscribe because it has moved onto the next month. So these Glossybox reviews are going to be shortened right down, I'm going to tell you what I received, first impressions, and how happy I am overall with the contents of the box.

So as you can see in the photograph as always I received five products, this month they were all full sized which is brilliant! The Glossybox magazine was also included although a little on the useless side this month. The only part I am interested in is product info and how much they are to buy, but they clearly didn't proof read this months issue as this information was only half completed. That aside, after a quick Google search I calculated the total cost of the products in my box this month to be worth an impressive £35.43, almost three times the amount I paid for the monthly subscription.

The products I received and their retail values were as follows:
- Organic Surge Volume Boost Conditioner (£5.99)
- Figs & Rouge Cherry Blossom Tinted Lip Balm (£5.00)
- GOSH The Secret of Longer Lashes Mascara (£8.49)
- MonuSpa Hand & Nail Cream (£10.95)
- MeMeMe Nail Collection Long Lasting Gloss (£5.00)
I believe this to be in the shade Rebellious but this is just from looking on the MeMeMe website as there was no indication of the shade on the bottle or in the magazine

On first impressions I am happy with the products received overall and here are my initial thoughts and feelings:
- The Organic Surge conditioner smells great, really zesty and limey and I love my lime scented products. It is apparently completely natural and free of all silicones and chemicals and is vegan friendly. 
- I have used Figs & Rouge lip balms before and whilst I like them I was very disappointed with how quickly they go off. The packaging indicated it should be good for 12 months but these had gone gloopy and smelly within just two, however they were the ones in the cute little tins and not the tinted balms in the tubes like this one is. So the packaging, whilst not as nice, may be better for keeping the product at its best.
- The GOSH mascara looks okay, not sure about the wand or the claims of lash growth, but we shall see how it performs.
- The MonuSpa product smells amazing, it reminds me a little of the Origins Ginger Souffle Body Cream but not as strong. Unfortunately this contains aloe, which I am allergic to, but I have found I am beginning to tolerate small amounts of this such as in brow products. Although if a brow pencil contains 0.2g of product then how much aloe is going to be in there really? I have tried this out very sparingly to test the waters and so far I am getting away with it, and it seems like a really nice hand cream.
- The MeMeMe nail polish is okay, the colour isn't the best but I would wear it although I would say it is more a winter shade so a bad choice for the June box. I'm not the biggest fan of the finish, it's almost like a chalky metallic and I don't feel this would last too well on me.

A bit of a mixed bag but I'm definitely looking forward to trying them all out, and once I do you can be pretty sure they will be appearing again for a more in-depth review.

Just a little add to this also, because my blogging commitment has been a little lacking recently I have decided to attempt to blog everyday for the rest of June so I can go into July with some fresh ideas.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment