Pages

Sunday 23 June 2013

Barry M Gelly Nail Paints



A few days ago I purchased four more of these lovely shades so I thought I would do a blog post. The Barry M Gelly Nail Paints provide beautifully opaque glossy colour and last well on the nails. They are amongst the best drugstore nail polishes out there and at £3.99 each are an absolute steal. They have recently added some new shades to the range for the summer so there are now 18 different colours available to choose from. They have a gel-like finish, hence the name, and you only need 1-2 coats to get a really great finish. Top coat is optional as the polish provides enough shine of its own and they become touch-dry really quickly. I don't have the best nails at the moment to be showing them off but I did some swatches anyway to show you the shades that I own.


Grapefruit is a gorgeous warm toned pink, slightly edging towards a pinky-coral. Papaya is a super summery peachy shade and I can't wait to wear this next time we get a hot day (perhaps wishful thinking with UK summers).


Guava and Blue Grape are both from the new summer collection and both are stunning shades. Guava is a beautiful light almost-turquoise blue and Blue Grape is a perfectly patriotic royal blue. I had been hoping to buy Nails Inc. Baker Street but it is £11! The Barry M shade is the same colour but for a fraction of the price, and from what I have seen the finish is a lot better too.


Finally I have two greens. The first is Key Lime which is a gorgeous tropical shade and is from the summer collection. I have wanted a shade like this since the moment summer hit and finally I found what I was looking for. This colour also matches a really exciting non-beauty related item which I have on order and shall hopefully be arriving early August, so every time I wear this it reminds me of that. But shhh! It's a secret! The second shade is Watermelon and is a really deep teal green and this is where my love affair with Barry M Gelly Nail Paints began as it is the first shade I bought several months ago.

So they are the shades I own, I hope to expand on my collection very soon because I love everything about these polishes. I am currently eyeing up Lychee (a sophisticated nude shade), Plum (a stunning Cadbury purple), Pomegranate (raspberry pink), Dragonfruit (a slightly shimmery candy pink) and Greenberry (mint green).

I still cannot believe the quality for the price. Barry M Nail Paints have always been known to be great quality but these really are up there with the more expensive brands and I would say in some cases they are better. If you don't already own one of these I totally recommend you pick one up next time you are in Boots or Superdrug, but with so many stunning shades I think you will find it hard to only buy one.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment