Pages

Sunday 19 May 2013

(A Very Late) April Favourites

Firstly, apologies for how late this is. It has been planned for weeks but I have only just got around to cleaning up and making space to photograph products. I'm just gonna go through these quickly as it won't be too long before I'm compiling my May favourites and I have lots of other posts to get round to.


First up are some Soap & Glory products. I've been loving Soap & Glory lately and will do a big S&G review sometime in the near future, but in April I particularly loved the No Clogs Allowed Deep Pore Detox Mask, The Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser and The Breakfast Scrub Body Smoother. I will go into more detail about what I thought about these products in my upcoming review.


I also LOVE Yankee Candles. My favourite lately has been Red Velvet, it's so strong and sweet and vanillary when burning and I will be sooo upset when this one runs out, I will definitely be re-purchasing or buying something similar. These aren't cheap candles but are well worth the money, I've tried so many other cheaper alternatives and for what I've wasted on those I wish so much I had just invested in a Yankee Candle. Mine is the medium jar candle if you were wondering.

A nail combo I loved throughout April was the Barry M Glitter Nail Varnish in Rose Quartz Glitter (NP349) layered over Illamasqua's Stagnate Nail Varnish. It's super pretty but neutral so will go with pretty much anything you style it with.

Again Revlon has done me well with their Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick. The colour is gorgeous and lasts and lasts. These are a great low maintenance option and have the added bonus of moisturising your lips at the same time. The photo below shows me wearing just one application but it can be built up to create a stronger colour.



Finally, and possibly my greatest find of the month, the L'Oreal Telescopic Waterproof Mascara. Not the false lash version. This is amazing and it worries me how hard it was to find in stores. I really hope it isn't being replaced or phased out because this is the first mascara I have ever found that holds a curl in my lashes. It's so easy to apply, the wand is a nice size and shape for getting every lash. It lengthens and separates, it doesn't volumise as much as a lot of mascaras but I don't think it needs to. It creates such lovely fluttery lashes and lasts all day, no flaking, clumps, fading. It is, for me, the perfect mascara. Just don't expect to be able to remove this with a normal make-up remover or wipes. You do need an oil based remover such as the Nivea Double Effect Eye Make-up Remover. Or you could always use baby oil if you can't get hold of anything else but it can be a little too much and make your face greasy the following day.

No comments:

Post a Comment