Pages

Saturday 16 February 2013

The I Heart Drugstore Make-up Tag

Well why not? This has been circulating on blogs and YouTube for the last few months so I thought I might as well join in.

1. What is your favourite drugstore makeup brand?
- I think I would have to go with either Rimmel or Revlon for this one. I've had some fantastic products from both of these brands lately, mainly lip products such as Rimmel's Apocalips Lip Lacquers and the Revlon Lip Butters and Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. Revlon have also just brought out some cream blushers that I would like to try out and Rimmel do the Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajals which are amazing and the Scandal Eyes Mascaras are pretty good also.

2. What are your favourite face, cheek and lip products?
- Drugstore face products can be an issue for me as I am usually too pale to use them and often have to go high end. The L'Oreal True Match Touche Magique Anti-Fatigue and Illuminating Concealer is fantastic for under the eyes. A brand that cannot be bought in the drugstore but is priced around the same as drugstore products is NYX Cosmetics. Their cream blushers are extremely good and I would love to try the powder blushers. Lip products are as mentioned in the previous question and also the NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Plush Red is gorgeous (and smells good too!).

3. Least favourite product?
- This has to be the Maybelline ExpertWear Blush in Flash Plum. I don't know if it's just this shade or all of this range but I picked this up thinking it would be great for the winter and it looked very similar to the Nars blusher in Sin. Unfortunately there was no tester to try it out first because this was the biggest waste of money. There is zero pigmentation in this. Even when I rub my finger quite vigorously across the product there is literally nothing. So disappointed.

4. What is the best makeup bargain?
- MUA. Most of the single products are just £1 and the palettes are £4 for 12 eyeshadows all of which have good pigmentation and blend nicely. You just can't complain for that price.

5. What is your favourite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked?)
- I think NYX often gets overlooked because it's not so readily available. But it really is worth trying to get hold of it and I really need to have a mini splurge in their online store.

6. A drugstore product that is overpriced?
- I find a lot of drugstore mascaras are extremely overpriced. Many of them are now over £10 which I think is crazy as it's only a few pounds more for a mascara from somewhere like Clinique which I find of much better quality.

7. Show your best drugstore dupe(s)!!
- The Rimmel Scandal Eyes Kohl Kajal Eyeliner is just as good as any eyeliner out there including my all time favourite pencil eyeliner the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eyeliner Pencils. In fact I think I would go as far as to say I prefer the Rimmel on particularly with it's £4 price tag. I also think the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains make excellent alternatives to the Clinique Chubby Sticks.

8. Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?
- Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation. The colours are weird, the texture is dry and flaky and it wears off in patches. It never worked for me and I could never understand the hype around it years ago. People clearly still buy it now and I really would have thought it would be one of those products that got quickly discontinued and replaced with something else. I don't know who these loyal customers are but really there are much better options out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment