Pages

Tuesday 12 February 2013

China Glaze Review - Turned Up Turquoise

Today I will be reviewing the China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Turned Up Turquoise.

Firstly I will say I'm no nail expert. My nails are terrible, they are quite weak, bendy and break very easily. I am not the best at nail painting by a long way but I do enjoy experimenting with different colours on my nails. Unfortunately I'm super impatient and usually make huge craters or smudges in the polish before it has dried. Luckily I find China Glaze becomes touch dry fairly quickly.

Turned Up Turquoise is found in the Nervy Neons/Wow Factor collection. I wouldn't describe the colour as neon but it is quite a bright turquoise. It's actually more green than blue but the camera seems to pick out the blue tones more when photographed. I have seen YouTube videos where this shade has been used and it also looks more blue on camera so I don't think it is down to my particular camera. The texture of the polish is quite thick, almost like a creme consistency which makes it a little hard to work with. It can get rather clogged up around the top of the bottle when you wipe your brush which is a little annoying and you have to work quite quickly on the nail. After applying a base coat of O.P.I. Nail Envy I found I needed 2-3 thin coats to get a good coverage and it provided a very matte finish. The photograph shows the nails before a top coat was applied. I used China Glaze No-Chip Top Coat which added a lovely glossy shine to the nail but you can always try a matte top coat if you want to keep the matte finish.

So I don't know where I went wrong with this. Is it because I used the O.P.I. base coat? I don't know. I've heard it makes a really good base for polish. But something went wrong as I painted these, went off to work, and within an hour of being in work two of my nails were almost completely polish free. It had just flaked and peeled right off! Now yes I was in work but that day about the most strenuous thing I had done was process a refund for a light bulb. Seriously. The polish is quite thick and it's a little difficult to get thin coats so have I applied it too thickly? Is it something to do with my nails? Someone help me out here...

I think I will be giving this polish another go because the colour is stunning. I got several compliments about the colour in the hour they stayed reasonable looking and so I am going to see if I can get it to work for me. I really hope I can but for now it's more of a Turned off Turquoise than turned on.

No comments:

Post a Comment