Pages

Monday 18 March 2013

March Glossybox Review



So here it is, the March Glossybox. As you will know if you read my February Glossybox review I wasn't very impressed with the last box I received and was considering cancelling my subscription. So how did the March box do?

Well it was a definite improvement from last month as all of the products included in my box were usable. 

 
Box Contents:
- The usual A3 fold-out leaflet containing details of the box contents and links and advertisements showing where to buy the products
- "My Little Travelling Book" with snippets of information about various cities around the world and stickers
- TRESemmé Salon Finish Extra Hold Hairspray
(This is a handy bag or travel size of 100ml which you can buy in some stores, the 500ml standard size is priced at £4.69)
- Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant, Fragrance Free
(7ml sample, retails at £25 for 50ml)
- Nails Inc Polish in St. James
(4ml sample, £11 for 10ml)
- Juicy Couture Couture La La Perfume
(1.5ml sample, retails at £63 for 100ml)
- Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics Lip Blush in Marshmallow Pink
(Full size, £12 for 2.5g)

I still dislike the fact that one of my five products in the box is a perfume sample, I can pick these up for free in department stores. They do come in handy on nights out as they just pop into the smallest of purses and handbags. I just feel these should be bonus items in the box alongside five other products. The perfume itself smells nice, I would definitely wear it but not necessarily go out and buy it. If I saw it on offer I might contemplate picking it up. 


The Nails Inc nail polish is a lovely colour, I'm happy with the size as who really ever gets to the end of a bottle of nail varnish without it drying up? I haven't tried it on my nails yet so I don't know how long the polish will last but I will be giving it a go soon.

The Elizabeth Arden cream is big in the beauty world and I'm looking forward to trying it. The size is perfect for popping in the handbag and using on dry patches as the day goes on. I always find my elbows get dry and sore and I never have anything handy that will do the job so I'm hoping this will help.


I had mixed feelings about the inclusion of the TRESemmé hairspray. Whilst I really like this hairspray and I already use this so it will just replace mine when it empties, I feel that it's not a high end product and it's far too accessible to everyone for just a few pounds to justify including it in a Glossybox. I think everyone has tried these at some point and it doesn't really belong here.

I had heard of Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics but had never tried them. I'm always wary of buying online when I can't try out the products and so receiving a product in Glossybox is ideal as I might be inclined to give more of their products a go. Their Lip Blushes only come in two colours, I received the lighter of the two but I much prefer my darker shades. Regardless, I will wear this colour. The product itself is similar to the Clinique Chubby Sticks or the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stains. I've never tried the Clinique Chubby sticks but I do really like the Revlon ones. The formula of the Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush seems more moisturising than Revlon and the stain lasts really well but I'm not sure that they are worth the £4 extra plus £3.95 P&P. So overall they only work out 5p cheaper than the Clinique Chubby Sticks which are £16. I think for now I will stick with my £7.99 Revlon Balm Stains where I can choose from a good colour selection and try them out in store and if I feel like splashing out my next call would be to give the Clinique Chubby Sticks a go. 

Overall I think there were some great products in this month's box. I'm not sure I would be rushing out to purchase them all again and I'm not sure all of them belong in Glossybox but all of the products will be used and I feel that I got value for money this time around. I think I will keep my subscription for now and see what next month brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment