Pages

Saturday 2 March 2013

February Favourites

So it's the start of a new month which means that in traditional blogger fashion I am going to do a favourites blog.

I've been trying a lot of new products lately, some will probably make it into my March favourites, but I didn't feel I had been using them enough throughout the whole of February to include them here. But these are the products I've found myself picking out again and again to use throughout the last month.


Large "Donut" Bun Ring (Primark £1.50)
I've been wanting one of these for a while now and I finally picked one up during a Primark outing and it has been worn so much. It's great on those days where you just want your hair off your face or when you could never wear it down because it's ready for a wash but you just don't have the time. I'm quite late on the donut bandwagon but for me this is a new love.

Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow (£17.00)
Another product that has been on my wishlist for a while now. I'm quite pale and find it very hard to find good contour colours without them making me look orange. This is fantastic. It's a buildable cream that blends beautifully and has more of a pinky-grey undertone than the typical orange-brown undertone many contours have.

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Nova (£5.99 in Boots, can often be found on 3 for 2)
I was excited for the release of these products and they did not disappoint. I bought these in three colours, Nova, Big Bang and Apocaliptic, but so far Nova has been my go-to. It applies smoothly and has a nice creamy texture, isn't too drying and lasts for a reasonable amount of time for the type of product it is. I love the shade, it provides a lovely pop of colour without being too dramatic for daytime.

Illamasqua Brow & Lash Gel (£11.50)
My brows have been a little unruly of late, I have finally got round to re-shaping them but before this the Illamasqua brow & lash gel had been my saviour. A clear gel that holds brows in place all day, great if brows grow the wrong way or are just a little long or lack shape. I usually brush a little of this through until I get the shape I want then carefully fill in any gaps once it has dried.

L'Oreal La Touche Magique True Match Anti-Fatigue Illuminating Concealer in Rose Porcelain (Boots £8.19)
The best concealer I have found yet for under the eyes. Blends perfectly, isn't heavy and has a peachy tone to correct dark circles. No matter how much or how little make-up I am wearing I will always use this and a small amount goes a long way. 

Clinique High Impact Mascara (£16.00)
I used to use this years ago and it was amazing but then the price tag forced me back to cheaper drugstore mascaras. These days a good drugstore mascara isn't much cheaper so for Christmas I decided to ask for this again and have been loving it ever since. Quick and easy to apply, has a good consistency; not too wet or too dry and doesn't clump. My only gripe is that it runs far too easily if my eyes water so my next purchase my have to be the waterproof version. 

Rimmel Scandal Eyes Black Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner (Boots £3.99) 
This is up there with the best of them. I would liken this to the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners in terms of texture, colour pay-off and durability but for a fraction of the price. Lasts all day and for £3.99 you really cannot go wrong with this. Even goes on easily and stays put on the waterline which can be tricky to find in a waterproof pencil. Definitely pick one up if you love your eyeliner. These are also available in six other shades and at that price I will be tracking a few of them down to try.

          

No comments:

Post a Comment