Pages

Monday 15 July 2013

Glossybox Review: July


Another month, another Glossybox. The July Glossybox is another special edition box, and I love these. It's great that now and again the boxes are designed around a theme, it adds a bit more fun to what is already a fairly exciting subscription. And being July this months theme is summer and the beach.



This month I received six products in my box:

Sleek Make-up Pout Paint
Shades Pin Up and Peek-a-Bloo
(Both full size 8ml products which retail at £4.99 each)

Ciate London Paint Pot Nail Polish in Speed Dial
(Full size 13.5ml, retails at £9.00)

Anatomicals Spray Misty For Me Facial Spray
(Full size product, 100ml £6.00)

Alterna Haircare Bamboo Style Boho Waves Tousled Texture Mist
(25ml sample size, full size 125ml retails at £23.00)

Coola Organic Classic Face SPF 30 Cucumber
(7ml sample, full size 50ml retails at £25.99)

Wow! What a box! Four full size products with a retail value of £24.98 plus two samples. Glossybox, I'm impressed yet again. I think Glossybox seem to be getting better and better at the moment. Don't get me wrong, not every product in every box is going to be amazing, but the range of products I'm receiving to try out for the price I pay is definitely getting better.


The inclusion of not one but two Sleek Pout Paints was a lovely surprise. These are a cheaper alternative to the OCC Lip Tars. The shade range isn't the best but with the inclusion of a blue and a white you can mix them to create a much wider colour selection. These are a stain and lacquer in one and they take some serious cleansing with an oil based cleanser to remove so I would assume they would be long lasting on the lips. I'm not sure how they wear off throughout the day, but will probably give them a go and do a review sometime soon. I already own the white so can have some fun mixing shades and let you know how I get on.


I have wanted to try the Ciate brand for so long now. It's definitely not the cheapest brand of nail polish and that's probably why I haven't gotten around to giving it a go. This shade is a gorgeous orange, perfect for summer and I can't wait to try it out. The polish itself seems nothing special in the bottle, just a fairly thin consistency of nail polish, but I've heard good things about this brand so hopefully it will live up to the hype. I want to love it simply because the bottle is so cute!


Anatomicals seems to be making a regular appearance in Glossybox lately. I wasn't too impressed with the scrub I was sent in a box a few months back, but there are a few nice things in the range which I have spotted whilst out and about although I never bought them. This is one of those refresher mists to keep the face hydrated. Unfortunately it does contain aloe so I won't be able to give this a go. It also smells quite strongly of lavender, not my favourite scent but I know a lot of people find it relaxing, perhaps I will store it up and do a giveaway on YouTube if I get enough subscribers sometime in the future. If you haven't already subscribed to my YouTube channel please do so here.


This is basically like a salt spray, you spray into damp of dry hair and scrunch or use your fingers to create beachy waves. I do already have a salt spray I'm using, I really like the effect they give for summer and they are so effortless. I hate having to use heated tools to style my hair in this weather. I'm looking forward to trying this out as I think there may be better ones out there than the one I'm currently using. I will let you know. I might try a few out and do some sort of comparison video or blog post or something.


This is the same product as I received in my June Birchbox, which I am still yet to try (I need a higher SPF on the sunniest of days so I use this). I also have another sample SPF 30 on the go and sunscreen does go off so as much as I want to try this I'm holding off opening them until my other is used up.

So they are the products I received and I'm really happy that I got value for money this month. This month I actually managed to get the review out pretty quickly so if you get your order in you stand a good chance of receiving some if not all of these products. Glossyboxes do vary from person to person so it isn't guaranteed but the way Glossybox has been on form lately you might even get something better.

Visit Glossybox here to find out more.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment